White Chocolate Beignets with Raspberry Coulis
- In large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, instant yeast, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and 2 tbsp olive oil; stir into flour mixture until dough starts to form.
Transfer to lightly floured surface; knead for 5 to 7 minutes, adding enough of the remaining flour, 2 tbsp at a time, until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Transfer to lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for about 15 minutes or until doubled in volume. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Fill straight-sided saucepan with enough oil to come 2 inches up side; heat over medium heat until deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F. Deep-fry dough, in batches, for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; let cool slightly.
- Transfer to parchment paper–lined tray.
- Onc cool, drizzle with melted chocolate; let stand until chocolate is set.
Raspberry Coulis: Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, purée raspberries, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Press through fine sieve. Drizzle some over beignets or serve coulis on the side.
Cooking Method: Deep Fry
World Cuisine: French
Product: Extra Light