Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp
- Combine shrimp, 2 tbsp olive oil and curry powder in resealable plastic bag; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in large sauté pan set over medium-high heat; cook green onions and red pepper, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Return pan to stovetop; cook shrimp for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Mix together soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside. Pour orange juice into skillet; cook until starting to boil. Add soy sauce mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir red pepper mixture back into pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this dish over basmati rice and top with sliced almonds.
- Be sure to use good-quality curry powder.
Recipe provided by Jim Coleman
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Indian
Product: Olive Oil