Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Season skirt steak lightly with salt; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high; grease grate well with oil. Grill meat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked to medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly across the grain. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
- Pulse garlic and onion in food processor until finely chopped; add parsley, and oregano (if using). Pulse briefly until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to bowl; stir in olive oil, vinegar and lime juice (if using). Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If desired, cook the meat over a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill.
- Stirring in liquids instead of adding them to the blender for the Chimichurri Sauce gives it the right texture. As for the herbs, they should be finely chopped, not completely puréed.
- Toss extra Chimichurri Sauce with hot grilled vegetables or serve it with grilled chicken.
Recipe provided by Chef Francesco Tonelli
Ingredient: Beef & Veal
Cooking Method: Grill
World Cuisine: Hispanic