Pesto Chicken Francese
- In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper; in separate shallow dish, beat eggs lightly. Set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast into 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets plastic wrap; brush chicken with 1 tbsp pesto.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip into beaten eggs; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Add lemon slices to pan; cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate.
- Stir in chicken broth and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Stir in remaining pesto and lemon juice; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Add lemon slices; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is well coated and cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil before serving if desired.
- Substitute turkey scaloppini for chicken if desired.
Cooking Method: Boil
World Cuisine: American
Product: Grilled Vegetable Pesto