Linguine with Walnut Sauce
- Stir together ground flax seeds and 1/2 cup water; let stand for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Fry sage leaves for about 1 minute or until slightly golden and dark green. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sage to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic and shallot for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in walnuts, linguine, and reserved cooking liquid; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flax mixture and crispy sage leaves to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is well coated. Garnish with parsley. Serve with vegan Parmesan cheese (if using).
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin