- Prepare Pizza Dough; set aside to rise. Grease large baking sheet with oil; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet set over medium heat. Stir in celery, red pepper and onion; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add serrano pepper and parsley. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Punch down dough. Transfer to lightly floured work surface. Divide into 6 equal balls. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add crab, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to skillet; toss. In small bowl, beat 2 eggs; add to skillet and toss.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. With floured hands or rolling pin, pat or roll dough on lightly floured surface into 8-inch rounds. Beat remaining egg with cold water; brush some over edges of dough. Spoon crab mixture over half of each round; fold dough over filling until edges almost meet. Pull bottom edges up to overlap top halves by 1/4 inch; pinch securely to seal.
- Using floured dough scraper, transfer calzone to baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake for 16 minutes or until browned. Let stand on rack for 5 minutes.
Tip: 1 lb of thawed frozen commercial bread dough can be used instead of the Pizza Dough recipe.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Light