Farfalle with Kale and Pine Nuts
- Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in kale, half of the salt and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes or until wilted. Toss with pasta, pesto, pasta water and remaining salt until well coated. Divide among 4 plates and top with pine nuts. Serve with Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Add 1 cup canned chickpeas to pasta for added protein.
- Use whole wheat, quinoa or gluten-free pasta.
- Make this dish vegan by omitting Parmesan cheese.
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Classic Pesto