Chicken Salad with Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in roasting pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes; pour in wine. Roast for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Thinly slice and return to roasting pan; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roast peppers for 20 minutes or until lightly blistered. Place in resealable plastic bag and seal; let cool completely. Pull skin off peppers and slice thinly; discard seeds.
- In large bowl, toss chicken and pan juices with roasted red peppers, celery, pine nuts, capers, 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide evenly among six plates. Sprinkle with chopped tomato and chives. Drizzle with remaining oil. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes for a little extra heat.
- Also delicious with chopped walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Make this grain and gluten free by omitting crusty bread.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian