Summer Tomato Salad
- In 11- x 7-inch glass or ceramic dish, combine olive oil, wine vinegar, parsley, sugar, garlic, oregano, and salt to taste; mix well using wooden spoon.
- Lay tomatoes over dressing in single layer or just slightly overlapping; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 2 hours at room temperature, spooning dressing over tomatoes occasionally. Serve with slices of bread.
- If you are unable to find beefsteak tomatoes, any large vine-ripened tomato will work well in this recipe.
- If possible, use homemade bread in this recipe to soak up all the delicious tomato juices.
- Go grain and gluten free by omitting the bread and serving on salad greens instead.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito
Cooking Method: No Cook
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin