Summer Tomato Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Inactive Time: 1 hr 55 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 2 hr
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Slices of good-quality artisan bread
- In 11- x 7-inch glass or ceramic dish, combine olive oil, wine vinegar, parsley, sugar, garlic, oregano, and salt to taste; mix well using wooden spoon.
- Lay tomatoes over dressing in single layer or just slightly overlapping; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 2 hours at room temperature, spooning dressing over tomatoes occasionally. Serve with slices of bread.
- If you are unable to find beefsteak tomatoes, any large vine-ripened tomato will work well in this recipe.
- If possible, use homemade bread in this recipe to soak up all the delicious tomato juices.
- Go grain and gluten free by omitting the bread and serving on salad greens instead.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito