Pronto Pea Soup
- In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in leek; cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Add peas; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in heatproof glass measure, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water. Pour bouillon over leek mixture; simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using immersion blender, and being careful not to splash, purée mixture until smooth.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Return saucepan to heat; cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croutons.
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian