Pronto Pea Soup
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large leek or onion, diced
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Croutons or crackers
- In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in leek; cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Add peas; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in heatproof glass measure, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water. Pour bouillon over leek mixture; simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using immersion blender, and being careful not to splash, purée mixture until smooth.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Return saucepan to heat; cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croutons.