Vegan Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Crostini
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Cut loaf into 1/2-inch-thick slices, cutting larger slices in half to make 2-inch square pieces.
- In batches, grill bread slices for 30 to 40 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted. Rub each piece of bread with cut side of garlic. Brush with half of the oil.
- Layer vegan cheese slice, basil leaf and tomato slice over each piece of bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer crostini to serving platter; drizzle with remaining oil. Garnish platter with remaining basil.
Tip: As a variation, substitute vegan spreadable-style goat cheese for vegan fresh mozzarella-style cheese.
Cooking Method: Grill
World Cuisine: Italian