Ferragosto Lemon and Olive Oil Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and almonds.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and both of the extracts, until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just blended.
- Move dough onto a clean counter and knead by hand until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, then shape each into 12-inch logs about 1 1/2 inch high.
- Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch slices using a serrated knife.
- Reduce the heat to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and place the cookies flat, laying side by side on the baking sheet.
- Bake another 8 minutes, carefully turn over and bake about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Light