Peppers Stuffed with Ratatouille and Quinoa
- Slice tops from peppers; remove ribs and seeds. Slice thin layer from bottom so peppers can stand upright. Chop tops and set aside. Sprinkle eggplant and zucchini with salt; let stand in colander for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- In saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring broth to boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender and liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet; sauté garlic, chopped peppers, eggplant, zucchini and Provençal seasoning for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden and tender. Stir in quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place hollowed-out peppers in 13- x 9-inch baking dish; spoon quinoa mixture evenly into peppers. Cover with foil and bake for about 50 minutes or until filling is heated through and peppers are tender. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese; bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Drizzle peppers with balsamic glaze.
- Add pine nuts, toasted chopped almonds or cashews to quinoa mixture.
- For a vegan option, replace cheese with bread crumbs.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: French
Product: Classic Balsamic Glaze