On-The-Go Mediterranean Bento Boxes
- Homemade Pita Chips: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together pita wedges, olive oil, salt, cumin, oregano and garlic powder. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Sweet Potato Hummus: Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped; add chickpeas, sweet potato, lemon juice, tahini, 1/4 cup water, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Purée until smooth. Makes about 2 cups. (Can be covered and refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
- Bento Box: In 4 bento boxes, evenly divide Sweet Potato Hummus with pita chips, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and olives.
- To roast sweet potato, halve lengthwise and place cut side down on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; roast in 400°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork- tender. Let cool completely and remove skin.
- Alternatively, prick sweet potato all over with fork; microwave on High, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Let cool completely and remove skin.
- Garnish Sweet Potato Hummus with a pinch of smoked paprika and drizzle extra olive oil over top if desired.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Product: Extra Virgin