Charred Eggplant Dip With Fresh Mint
- Preheat broiler to high; position rack in center of oven. Broil eggplants on foil-lined baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and almost smoking. Reduce temperature to 375°F; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until very tender. Let stand for about 15 minutes or until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together 1/4 cup olive oil, vegan yogurt, tahini, green onion, mint, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Set aside.
- Split eggplants open and scrape pulp into bowl; mash with a fork. Fold gently into olive oil mixture. Spoon into a shallow serving bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve dip with pita chips, warm flatbread, vegetable sticks, sliced tomatoes or grilled portobello mushrooms.
- Substitute vegan sour cream for vegan yogurt if preferred.
Cooking Method: Broil
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Italian Organic