Tuscan Apple Berry Crostata
- In bowl, whisk together flour and salt; drizzle olive oil over top. Using fingertips, mix until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup water; knead until dough comes together to form ball, adding up to 2 tbsp more water if necessary. Divide dough into two portions.
- Shape each portion into flat disk; wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together apples, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, honey, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and vanilla; transfer to large sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out twelve 6-inch rounds. Transfer to large parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp apricot jam onto each pastry round, leaving 1 1/2-inch border all around. Spoon filling into center of each pastry round. Fold over pastry border to form crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
Olive Oil Pastry:
Apple Filling and Assembly:
Tip: Add 1 tsp lemon or orange zest to the fruit filling if desired.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Olive Oil