Turkey-Porcini Mushroom Ragout
- Place porcini and wine in microwaveable glass measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap, leaving vent. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until bubbling. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large sauté pan set over high heat; cook half of the turkey, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to tray. Repeat with 1 tbsp oil and remaining turkey; add to tray.
- Add remaining oil, brown mushrooms and garlic to pan; stir well. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms release liquid. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, line fine sieve with coffee filter; hold over pan and drain porcini so wine flows into pan. Cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until alcohol evaporates.
- Rinse porcini mushrooms and cut into slivers; stir into pan along with tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes and reserved turkey. Cover and bring to simmer; reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the turkey is coooked through and no longer pink in center.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin