Bite-Size Meatballs with Salsa Verde
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease large baking sheet with oil.
- In bowl and using hands, mix together veal, mortadella, Parmesan, parsley, and salt just until combined. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place bread crumbs on sheet of waxed paper. In shallow plate, beat egg with 2 tbsp water. Dip meatballs, one at a time, into egg mixture; shake off excess egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Place on prepared baking sheet; spray all sides with oil mister or drizzle lightly with olive oil and roll gently until coated with oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of meatball registers 160°F.
- Salsa Verde: Meanwhile, soak bread in vinegar; transfer to blender along with olive oil, parsley, capers, garlic and anchovies. Blend until combined; season with salt to taste. Serve with meatballs.
• Make-ahead: The breaded meatballs may be covered with foil and refrigerated for up to 1 day before baking. Coat with oil before baking.
Ingredient: Beef & Veal
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Olive Oil