Tabbouleh (Parsley & Cracked-Wheat Salad)
- Soak the cracked wheat in warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out the water and put the cracked wheat in a large bowl.
- Toss the scallions, parsley, and mint with the cracked wheat. Add the tomatoes, drizzle in the olive oil, and toss again.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss again and taste for seasoning.
Tip: It’s important to chop the ingredients by hand; the food processor tends to make mush. Make sure the parsley is washed and dried well. If you’re making this ahead of time, don’t add the lemon juice until just before serving.
Ingredient: Rice & Grains
Cooking Method: No Cook
World Cuisine: Middle Eastern