Sear-Roasted Sea Bass
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, until shimmering hot. Add the fish and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the pan and keep warm. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Heat the remaining 3 Tbs. of olive oil in the skillet. Add the pine nuts and garlic to the pan, and cook, stirring often, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, raisins, orange juice, roasted pepper, and basil and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Return the fish to the pan, nestling the fillets into the tomato mixture.
- Roast in the oven until the fish is just firm to the touch and opaque when you cut open a thicker piece with a paring knife, 3 to 6 minutes.
- Let the fish rest for a couple of minutes. Serve with the tomato mixture spooned over it and garnish with basil, if desired.
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin