Pumpkin Gnocchi with Blue Cheese and Hazelnuts
- Place potatoes in large saucepan with enough cold water to cover; season with salt. Bring to boil; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Line baking sheet with tea towel; dust with flour. Set aside.
- While potatoes are still warm, pass through ricer onto lightly floured work surface; stir in pumpkin purée until blended. Mound mixture and make well in center. Place 1 1/2 cups flour, egg, oil, salt, pepper and nutmeg in well. Using fork, stir to incorporate potatoes; knead dough gently, adding enough remaining flour, a bit at a time as needed, to form smooth dough.
- Divide dough into 6 portions. Roll each portion into 1/2-inch thick ropes; cut each rope into twelve 1-inch pieces. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet; transfer to freezer. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi for about 3 minutes or until gnocchi float to surface. Remove with slotted spoon; transfer to baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook hazelnuts and sage for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Add gnocchi; toss for 1 or 2 minutes or until coated. Stir in blue cheese; serve immediately.
Tips: Substitute walnuts or pine nuts for hazelnuts if desired.
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian