Pan-Seared Tuna on Greens
- In large bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt. Add greens and carrot; toss well. Divide evenly among dinner plates. Set aside.
- Cut tuna into equal portions.
- Season fish lightly with salt on both sides.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet set over high heat; cook for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked to desired doneness. Add vinegar, water and currants to skillet; season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil.
- Place tuna on greens; spoon sauce over top.
- Use vegetable or chicken broth instead of water.
- If necessary, cut the tuna steaks in half to create equal portions.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Olive Oil