Olive Oil Saltimbocca
- Pound veal between 2 pieces of waxed paper with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until very thin; cut each piece in half to make 8 small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for 1 minute. Add veal; cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Top each piece with slice of prosciutto and sage leaf. Add beef broth and Marsala to skillet; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until veal is tender and cooked through. Transfer veal to warm serving platter with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add half-and-half to skillet; simmer, stirring occasionally and scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, for 5 to 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced and thickened. Remove garlic; spoon sauce over veal. Season with pepper to taste.
- If desired, you can substitute thin boneless veal slices cut from the leg for the veal cutlets.
- A medium sherry can be used instead of Marsala wine if desired.
- If fresh sage is unavailable, omit it; do not substitute dried sage instead.
Ingredient: Beef & Veal
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Olive Oil