Olive Oil and Cornmeal Stone Fruit Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 8-inch square baking dish with 1/2 tsp of the oil. In bowl, toss together fruit, sugar, cornstarch, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon until evenly coated; spoon into baking dish in even layer.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Drizzle remaining oil and milk over top; stir until mixture forms sticky dough. Drop spoonfuls over fruit. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until fruit is bubbling, and topping is golden brown and no longer doughy when lifted in center of dish. Let stand for 1 hour. Serve with dollops of whipped cream.
- Substitute mixed berries, apples or pears for the stone fruit if desired.
- Add 1 tbsp additional cornstarch if using frozen fruit.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: American
Product: California Extra Virgin Olive Oil