Ham and Sun-Dried Tomato Strata
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Toast bread and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in prepared pan; set aside. Reserve 2 tbsp of dark green onion stems in small dish; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in small skillet set over medium heat; cook remaining green onions, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook for 1 minute or until green onions are softened. Spoon over bread; sprinkle ham and 3/4 cup cheese over top. Toss to combine.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly with fork; add 3 cups of milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Beat just until combined; pour over the bread mixture. Press down gently with back of spoon. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap; squeeze one of the top bread cubes. (If it’s not squishy, add remaining 1/2 cup of milk). Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is golden and center is hot. Sprinkle each serving with reserved green onions.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Light