Filippo Berio Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey. Next, add the eggs and whisk again to combine. Then, add the bananas, yogurt, milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk again.
- Using a spatula, stir in the flour; then add the dates (or raisins) and walnuts and stir the batter again until everything is well combined.
- Lightly oil a non-stick a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and shake very gently so that the batter is even in the pan.
- Place in the oven for about 50-55 minutes, check with a toothpick after that amount of time to make sure no batter comes out from the center.
- If it passes the toothpick test, remove from the oven and let the bread cool for 30 minutes, on a wire rack if available.
Inspired by The Mediterranean Dish.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: American
Product: Extra Virgin