Filippo Berio Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 extra ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey. Next, add the eggs and whisk again to combine. Then, add the bananas, yogurt, milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk again.
- Using a spatula, stir in the flour; then add the dates (or raisins) and walnuts and stir the batter again until everything is well combined.
- Lightly oil a non-stick a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and shake very gently so that the batter is even in the pan.
- Place in the oven for about 50-55 minutes, check with a toothpick after that amount of time to make sure no batter comes out from the center.
- If it passes the toothpick test, remove from the oven and let the bread cool for 30 minutes, on a wire rack if available.
Inspired by The Mediterranean Dish.