California Roll Salad Bowl
- Place rice in fine sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine rice and water; bring to simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar, sugar and salt to simmer; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in oil, ginger and garlic. Stir mixture into rice; let cool completely.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with crab, avocado, cucumber, red pepper, carrot and nori. Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce.
- To toast nori seaweed sheets, place on a baking sheet and broil for 30 seconds or until nori turns green and gets crispy.
- If you like nori, toast and shred an extra sheet to add to the salad.
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Boil
World Cuisine: Asian
Product: Extra Light