Brown Rice Falafel Bowl
- Falafels: In food processor, combine chickpeas, parsley, flour, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, baking powder and salt; pulse until mixture is just starting to come together. Roll into sixteen 1-inch balls; flatten slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in saucepan set over medium heat until instant-read thermometer reaches 325°F. Fry falafel, in batches, for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined tray.
- Falafel Bowl: Divide rice among 4 bowls or portable containers. Top with falafel, cucumbers, tomato and red onion. Whisk together yogurt, olive oil, tahini and lemon juice until smooth; stir in salt, pepper and cumin. Drizzle over falafel bowls.
- To spice up falafel bowls, serve with your favorite hot sauce or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to falafel mixture.
- Substitute quinoa, farro or barley for brown rice.
- To make ahead, freeze falafels in airtight container for up to 1 month; reheat from frozen in moderate oven until heated through.
Ingredient: Rice & Grains
Cooking Method: Deep Fry
World Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Product: Extra Light