Mussels in White Wine and Sun-Dried Tomato Broth
- Scrub mussels, if needed, and remove any beards. Discard any mussels that do not close when tapped.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook fennel, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add mussels; toss to coat. Add wine, 1/2 cup water, pesto, thyme and bay leaves; cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mussels start to open.
- Discard any mussels that do not open; remove bay leaves. Stir in parsley, and fennel fronds (if using). Serve with crusty bread.
• When using fennel, keep the fennel fronds. They add a lovely fresh flavor to soups, salads or stews.
• For spicy mussels, increase pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp.
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Sun Dried Tomato Pesto