Jazzy Po Boy
- Spicy Cajun Mayonnaise: Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, Cajun seasoning and mustard until blended. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place shrimps and oysters in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss with cornmeal until well coated.
- Pour enough olive oil into straight-sided saucepan to come 1 inch up side; heat over medium heat until deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F. Shake off excess cornmeal from shrimps and oysters; shallow-fry, in batches, for 1 or 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Layer shrimps, oysters, spicy mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickle slices (if using) in baguette sandwiches.
Cajun seasoning recipe (if needed):
1 1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Stir together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne.
HOW TO/SMARTCUT: Shallow-frying Tips
• Shallow-frying refers to a method of cooking food that’s only partly submerged in fat, so it must be flipped during the cooking time.
• Use moderate to high heat so that foods do not absorb oil and leave food greasy.
• Make sure foods are dry to prevent hot oil from splattering.
• Use a high-sided pan, and never fill a pan more than two-thirds full to prevent oil from bubbling over.
• Cook food in batches; do not overcrowd the pan so the oil temperature is maintained.
• Transfer cooked food to paper towel to drain excess oil.
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: French
Product: Extra Light