White Bean Soup with Garlic & Rosemary
- Soak dried beans in 3 cups water at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the pancetta. Once crispy, remove and rest on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- In rendered pancetta fat, sauté finely diced carrots, celery, and onion until very fragrant.
- Drain soaked beans and add to pan with sautéed vegetables along with 5 cups cold water, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cover beans and cook until tender, about 2 hours. The cooking time will vary depending on how long you soaked your beans.
- In a separate small pot or sauté pan, add olive oil, smashed garlic cloves, rosemary, and Calabrian chili. Turn the pot onto low heat. Once it is bubbling around all of the aromatics, it is ready. It should be just barely simmering – don’t let it boil! This should take 5-10 minutes depending on the strength of your stove.
- Add about ¼ cup of olive oil to the soup, stir, and taste to adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with another drizzle of infused olive oil, freshly grated pecorino romano, and the crispy pancetta.
- Save the rest of the infused olive oil for garnishing or enjoy with fresh bread! Store infused olive oil in the fridge.
World Cuisine: American
Product: Extra Virgin