Olive Oil Matcha Cake
- In measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, milk and poppy seeds; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8-inch cake pan with olive oil; line bottom with parchment paper. Whisk eggs and vanilla into olive oil mixture.
- In large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder and salt; mix in olive oil mixture just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and tester inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs adhering. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; invert directly onto rack, then flip over right side up.
- Garnish: Meanwhile, using electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Using fine-mesh sieve, dust cake with powdered sugar. Serve slices warm or at room temperature with dollop of whipped cream. Can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
– To flip cake easily, sandwich between two racks, then invert right side up.
– Drizzle each serving with olive oil if desired.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Asian
Product: Extra Virgin