Lemon Olive Chicken Breasts
- Pound chicken to ½” thickness. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil. Place each seasoned chicken breast top down in the pan and cook for 6 minutes without disturbing or moving it (this is what will give it a lovely crispiness).
- Flip each chicken breast over, and add the garlic, thyme, and olives to the pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring regularly to make sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer until the chicken broth / olive oil in the pan has reduced by half (about 8 minutes, depending on the size and depth of your pan).
- Serve over rice or pasta, with a hearty pile of pecorino romano cheese on the table for topping if you have cheese lovers in the house.
Saucy, tender, lemony chicken with the salty brine of olives and a deliciously light but robust olive oil sauce.
Credit: Marianne from Basil & Bubbly
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Mediterranean