Grilled Banana Sundaes
- Banana “Nice” Cream: Freeze banana slices in a single layer for 4 to 6 hours or until completely frozen.
- In food processor or high-speed blender, mix frozen banana slices, almond milk, olive oil, vanilla, and honey until smooth and the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Scrape into a metal bowl or small baking pan. Freeze for 30 to 40 minutes or until firm but still scoopable.
- Sundaes: Preheat grill to low heat; grease grate well. In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, olive oil and brandy; heat just until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place granulated sugar in small plate. Peel ripe bananas; cut in half lengthwise, then cut in half horizontally (you should have 16 pieces). Brush each piece of fruit with olive oil on sliced sides; dip in sugar. Grill bananas for 45 to 90 seconds or until golden and slightly grill-marked.
- Place 4 grilled banana pieces in each serving bowl; add a scoop of Banana “Nice” Cream. Top with brandy sauce; drizzle with chocolate. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and pecans (if using). Serve immediately.
Cooking Method: Grill
World Cuisine: American
Product: Extra Virgin