Grilled Banana Sundaes
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (approx.)
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar (approx.)
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Granulated sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 scoops ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 6 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat grill to low heat; grease grate well. In small saucepan, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp brown sugar and brandy; heat just until sugar is melted. (Remove from heat and keep warm.)
- Place granulated sugar in small plate. Peel bananas; cut in half vertically and then cut in half horizontally (you should have 16 pieces). Brush each piece of fruit with olive oil on sliced sides; dip in granulated sugar. Grill bananas for 45 to 90 seconds or until colored and slightly grill-marked.
- Place grilled bananas in individual bowls; add scoop of ice cream. Top with brandy sauce; drizzle with chocolate. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and pecans (if using). Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Chef Jim Coleman