Fig- Walnut Tart with Lemon Glaze
- Grease 10-inch springform pan with olive oil. Cut away one-third of the dough and pat into disk; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat remaining dough over bottom and 1-inch up side of pan. Prick all over with fork; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out reserved dough between 2 sheets of floured waxed paper into 10-inch round. Slide onto baking sheet with waxed paper; refrigerate dough for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. In food processor, grind nuts finely. Add figs, raisins and orange zest; process until mixture sticks together like paste. In mixing bowl, whisk together honey, bourbon and cinnamon until combined. Add fig mixture; mix slowly to combine. Spoon into prepared tart pan, spreading evenly.
- Carefully remove dough from refrigerator and peel away top sheet of waxed paper. Turn the dough round over on top of filling; carefully remove the waxed paper. Using fork, tuck edges of the top crust inside edges of bottom crust; press together edges to seal. Bake for about 35 minutes or until crust is golden; transfer to rack. Let cool.
- Lemon Glaze: In bowl, stir together icing sugar with 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp lemon juice, adding up to 2 more tsp lemon juice if needed, to make glaze that drips off spoon when lifted. Pour over tart, spreading with back of spoon. Let set.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Light