Sausage and Pepper Whole Wheat Pizza
- Remove sausages from casing. In skillet set over medium-high heat, cook sausage meat for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet; set aside. Sauté onion for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and softened.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 15- x 10-inch baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. On lightly floured surface, stretch and roll out dough pizza dough to size of pan. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over dough. Top with sausage, onion and red pepper; sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top. Bake for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Drizzle with balsamic glaze; sprinkle with basil.
- Replace spicy Italian sausage with mild Italian sausage if desired.
- Switch up the cheese with provolone or Fontina, or a pizza cheese blend.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Classic Balsamic Glaze