Honey Macadamia Brownies
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly oil an 8×8-inch baking dish on all sides, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, and lightly oil the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, eggs, honey, sugar, and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the oil mixture, stirring until the batter is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts, scrape the batter into the baking pan, and smooth to level the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool for an hour until cool to the touch.
- Run a knife around the edge of the brownies to loosen from the pan. Invert the brownies onto a cutting board.
- Remove the pan and peel off the parchment paper.
- Place a large flat plate on top of the brownies, and invert again so the brownies are right side up on the plate.
- Cut the brownies into 12 equal pieces.
Tip: While all sugars add sweetness and moisture to baked goods, the honey here sweetens in liquid form, resulting in an even moister, chewier brownie.
Cooking Method: Bake
World Cuisine: American
Product: Extra Light