Asian Pork Balsamic Dumplings
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, garlic, ginger, five-spice powder, salt and pepper, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add 2 tbsp balsamic glaze and 1 tbsp soy sauce; cook for about 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Let cool completely. Mix in pork, green onions, cilantro and cornstarch.
- Lay 1 wrapper on work surface; brush edges with water. Place 2 tsp filling in center, fold over to enclose filling and pinch edges together to seal. Place dumpling on parchment paper–lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Arrange dumplings in single layer on parchment paper–lined shelves of bamboo steamer basket. Fit basket in wok or over saucepan with enough simmering water to come 2 inches up side; cover and steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until filling is cooked through.
- Arrange dumplings on serving platter. Whisk together remaining balsamic glaze and soy sauce; serve with dumplings for dipping.
- The filling in these dumplings is incredibly flavorful. If using round wonton wrappers instead of the square ones, fold each dumpling into a semi-circle, seal edges then pinch the two corners together.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro, green onions or toasted sesame seeds.
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Asian
Product: Classic Balsamic Glaze