Wild Rice and Roasted Squash Salad with Maple Dressing
- Wild Rice and Roasted Squash Salad:Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Slice halves crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices; place in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange squash in single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender; set aside. Let cool slightly, and remove peel, if desired.
- Maple Dressing:Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine wild rice, dried cherries and pecans. Toss with Maple Dressing. Stir in spinach and squash. Garnish with goat cheese (if using).
• To cook wild rice: Place 1/2 cup of wild rice in saucepan; pour in enough cold water
Ingredient: Rice & Grains
Cooking Method: Roast
World Cuisine: American
Product: Olive Oil