Asian Crab Cakes
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in sauté pan set over medium heat; sauté onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- In large bowl, gently fold together onion mixture, crab meat, cilantro, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and salt. Gently fold in rice, egg and 1 tbsp remaining olive oil until well blended.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties. Place bread crumbs on plate; coat each patty.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat; sauté crab cakes, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
• If bread crumbs brown too quickly, remove crab cakes from pan and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in 350ºF oven or until cooked through.
Recipe provided by Chef Jim Coleman
Ingredient: Fish & Seafood
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Asian
Product: Olive Oil