Zucchini Soup with Cheese and Eggs
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 small zucchini, diced
- 4 cups hot chicken broth or water
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- Fried bread slices (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; sauté zucchini until lightly browned. Add chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk eggs with cheese until combined. Pour egg mixture into saucepan. Stir well; stir in basil. Ladle soup over fried bread slices before serving (if using).
Tip: To make this dish gluten free, skip the bread.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito