Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 zucchini (about 1 lb), coarsely shredded
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Olive oil, for frying
- Press zucchini in strainer to remove excess liquid. In bowl, combine zucchini, Parmesan, olive oil, egg whites, garlic and basil. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet set over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter into pan by heaping tablespoonfuls. Press each fritter with spatula to flatten slightly; fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed, to make 12 fritters.