Zucchini, Cheddar and Bacon Cornbread Muffins
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with large paper liners and coat with small amount of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, buttermilk and eggs. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix into olive oil mixture just until moistened. Stir in cheese, zucchini and bacon. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; transfer to rack. Let cool completely.
Tip: Add 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped for a touch of heat.