Warm Lentils and Spinach Salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small or half large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (19 oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook fennel and onion for about 5 minutes or starting to soften. Stir in lentils; cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lentils are heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; bring to simmer. Stir in spinach; cook for about 1 minute or just starting to wilt. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
Tip: Substitute dried cherries or cranberries for pomegranate seeds.