Prep Time: 8 min
Inactive Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, quartered and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 carton (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12- x 8-inch baking dish with oil; set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan set over medium heat; cook peppers, onion, fennel and salt, tossing occasionally, for 8 minutes or until onions are softened. Sprinkle with cornmeal; spoon into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In bowl, beat together ricotta, eggs and Parmesan with fork until smooth; spread over vegetables. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until ricotta topping is set.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders