Vanilla Bean Olive Oil Semifreddo
Prep Time: 30 min
Inactive Time: 8 hr
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 8 hr 40 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1 cup Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- Line 8- x 5-inch loaf pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, whip cream to medium peaks; refrigerate. In separate bowl, using electric hand mixer, beat together sugar, egg yolks and vanilla bean seeds. Place bowl in hot water bath; beat until light and fluffy and temperature registers 165ºF on instant-read thermometer.
- Remove bowl from hot water bath. Place bowl on stand mixer; using whisk attachment, beat until thickened and light in color. Whisk in olive oil until emulsified; gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.